Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2007.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2010; 58.24: 1-125
- Infant mortality statistics from the 2006 period linked birth/infant death data set.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2010; 58.17: 1-32
- Prevention of recurrent preterm delivery by 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2379-2385
- Prophylactic administration of progesterone by vaginal suppository to reduce the incidence of spontaneous preterm birth in women at increased risk: a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 419-424
- Intravaginal use of natural micronized progesterone to prevent pre-term birth: a randomised trial in India.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009; 29: 493-498
- Progesterone and the risk of preterm birth among women with a short cervix.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 462-469
- Vaginal progesterone is associated with a decrease in risk for early preterm birth and improved neonatal outcome in women with a short cervix: a secondary analysis from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 697-705
- Progesterone for maintenance tocolytic therapy after threatened preterm labour: a randomised controlled trial.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008; 48: 58-63
- Use of progesterone to reduce preterm birth.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC2003
- Inefficacy of 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate in the prevention of prematurity in twin pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1980; 56: 692-695
- Failure of 17-hydroxyprogesterone to reduce neonatal morbidity or prolong triplet pregnancy: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 248.e1-248.e9
- Special problems of multiple gestation.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC1998
- Twins and triplets: the effect of plurality and growth on neonatal outcome compared with singleton infants.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 700-707
- A trial of 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate to prevent prematurity in twins.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 454-461
- Progesterone does not prevent preterm births in women with twins.South Med J. 2009; 102: 900-904
- Progesterone for the prevention of preterm birth in twin pregnancy (STOPPIT): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2009; 373: 2034-2040
- Prevention of preterm birth in triplets using 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 285-292
- Summary minutes of the advisory committee for reproductive health drugs, August 29, 2006.Accessed Aug. 17, 2009)
- 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate for the prevention of preterm birth in women with prior preterm birth and a short cervical length.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202 (e1-6): 351
- Prenatal administration of progesterone for preventing preterm birth in women considered to be at risk of preterm birth.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 1: CD004947
- Care for women with prior preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 89-100
- Oral micronized progesterone for prevention of preterm birth.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009; 104: 40-43
- Progesterone vaginal gel for the reduction of recurrent preterm birth: primary results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 687-696
- Cervical length changes during preterm cervical ripening: effects of 17-α-hydroxyprogesterone caproate.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196 (e1-4): 453
- A randomized trial of cerclage vs 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate for treatment of short cervix.J Perinat Med. 2009; 37: 473-479
- A United States national reference for growth.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 163-168
Supported by a grant from the Center for Research, Education, and Quality, Pediatrix Medical Group, Mednax Inc , Sunrise, FL.
The racing flag logo above indicates that this article was rushed to press for the benefit of the scientific community.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Combs CA, Garite T, Maurel K, et al. 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate for twin pregnancy: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:221.e1-8.