Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Adverse perinatal outcomes among interracial couples in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 81-88
- Gestational duration and birthweight in white, black and mixed-race babies.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1991; 5: 378-391
- Accessed Aug. 16, 2009)
- The incidence of preeclampsia among couples consisting of Japanese women and Caucasian men.J Reprod Immunol. 2006; 70: 93-98
- Maternal ethnicity, paternal ethnicity, and parental ethnic discordance: predictors of preeclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 156-161
- Perinatal outcomes among Asian-white interracial couples.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 385.e1-385.e5
- A prospective study of pregravid determinants of gestational diabetes mellitus.JAMA. 1997; 278: 1078-1083
- The interrelationship between ethnicity and obesity on obstetric outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1089-1093
- Rehospitalization in the first two weeks after discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit.Pediatrics. 1999; 104: e2
- Identification of neonatal deaths in a large managed care organisation.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1997; 11: 93-104
- Linking automated databases for research in managed care settings.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 719-724
- Perinatal outcomes among different Asian-American subgroups.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 382.e1-382.e6
- Applied logistic regression.John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York1989
- Risk stratification and therapeutic decision making in acute coronary syndromes.JAMA. 2000; 284: 876-878
- Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation (APACHE) IV: hospital mortality assessment for today's critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 1297-1310
- Automated intensive care unit risk adjustment: results from a national Veterans Affairs study.Crit Care Med. 2003; 31: 1638-1646
- Risk adjusting hospital inpatient mortality using automated inpatient, outpatient, and laboratory databases.Med Care. 2008; 46: 232-239
- Maternal obesity and diabetes as risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes: differences among 4 racial/ethnic groups.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1545-1551
- Race/ethnicity and other risk factors for gestational diabetes.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 965-973
- Immigration and generational trends in body mass index and obesity in the United States: results of the National Latino and Asian American Survey, 2002-2003.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 70-77
- Insulin sensitivity and B-cell responsiveness to glucose during late pregnancy in lean and moderately obese women with normal glucose tolerance or mild gestational diabetes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 162: 1008-1014
- Hormones and insulin resistance during pregnancy.Lancet. 2003; 362: 1777-1778
- Longitudinal changes in glucose metabolism during pregnancy in obese women with normal glucose tolerance and gestational diabetes mellitus.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 903-916
- Measurement of glucose metabolism and insulin secretion during normal pregnancy and pregnancy complicated by gestational diabetes.Diabetologia. 1996; 39: 976-983
- A variant in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene is associated with an increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetologia. 2007; 50: 972-979
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) is associated with gestational diabetes mellitus and interacts with adiposity to alter insulin secretion in Mexican Americans.Diabetes. 2007; 56: 1481-1485
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 gene polymorphism and gestational diabetes mellitus.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 651-656
Reprints not available from the authors.
This study was supported in part by Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Grant 5 P01 HS10856-02 . A.B.C. is supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation as Physician Faculty Scholar RWJF-61535 . N.E.S. is supported as a Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholar K12-HD001262 .
Cite this article as: Caughey AB, Cheng YW, Stotland NE, et al. Maternal and paternal race/ethnicity are both associated with gestational diabetes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:616.e1-5.