Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Infection in the pathogenesis of preterm labor.Semin Perinatol. 1988; 12: 262-279
- Infection and labor. III. Interleukin-1 : a signal for the onset of parturition.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 160: 1117-1123
- Interleukin-1 stimulates prostaglandin biosynthesis by human amnion.Prostaglandins. 1989; 37: 13-22
- Infection and labor. IV. Cachectin—tumor necrosis factor in the amniotic fluid of women with intraamniotic infection and preterm labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 336-341
- Bacterial endotoxin and tumor necrosis factor stimulate prostaglandin production by human decidua.Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1989; 37: 183-186
- Cachectin/tumor necrosis factor-a formation in human decidua.J Clin Invest. 1989; 83: 430-436
- Human decidua: a source of cachectin-tumor necrosis factor.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1991; 41: 123-127
- Management of premature rupture of membranes: the risk of vaginal examination to the infant.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1983; 146: 395-400
- A pharmacologic approach to the infusion of ritodrine.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 380-384
- The clinical value of gas-liquid chromatography in the detection of intra-amniotic microbial invasion.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 72: 44-50
- Human tumor necrosis factor: production, purification, and characterization.J Biol Chem. 1985; 260: 2345-2354
- Amniotic fluid interleukin 6 in preterm labor. Association with infection.J Clin Invest. 1990; 85: 1392-1400
- Macrophage-colony stimulating factor in amniotic fluid [Abstract 439].in: Proceedings of the thirty-sixth annual meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, San Diego, California, March 15–18, 1989 Society for Gynecologic Investigation, San Diego1989
Romero R, Mazor M, Brandt F, Sepulveda W, Avila C, Dinarello CA. Interleukin-1α and interleukin-1ß in human preterm and term parturition. Am J Reprod Immunol [In press].
- Amniotic fluid interleukin-1 in spontaneous labor at term.J Reprod Med. 1990; 35: 235-238
- Bacterial invasion of amniotic cavity during pregnancy and labor.Obstet Gynecol. 1971; 37: 459-461
- Cytokines in normal and abnormal parturition: elevated amniotic fluid interleukin-6 levels in women with premature rupture of membranes associated with intrauterine infection.Cytokine. 1991; 3: 155-163
- Regulation of the acute phase and immune responses: interleukin-6.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1989; 557 (Sehgal PB, Grieninger G, Tosato G, eds): 1-583
1Supported by a grant from the Walter Scott Foundation for Medical Research. Dr. Romero is the recipient of a Physician Scientist Award from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.