Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The thyroid gland..in: Wilson JD Foster DW Williams' textbook of endocrinology. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1985: 682-815
- The thyroid gland and pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1938; 36: 529-538
- Thyroid disease in pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1975; 122: 669-676
- The myth of goiter in pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1980; 137: 701-703
- Goiter in pregnant teenagers..Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 152: 670-674
- The determination of thyroid volume by ultrasound and its relationship to body weight, age, and sex in normal subjects.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983; 56: 260-263
- Evidence of cyclic alterations of thyroid size during the menstrual cycle in healthy women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 155: 142-145
- An improved co-precipitation assay for determination of thyroglobulin antibodies.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1980; 40: 37-44
- Fluorescent antibody studies with agent of varicella and herpes propagated in vitro.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1954; 86: 789-794
- Wiley, New York1967: 299-305 Practical nonparametric statistics.2nd ed.
- Age dependent changes in iodine metabolism and thyroid function.Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). 1975; 79: 60-65
- The incidence of goitre during pregnancy.Lancet. 1964; 2: 334-336
- Comparative incidence of goitre in pregnancy in Iceland and Scotland.Lancet. 1967; 2: 625-627
- Goiter and plasma inorganic iodide concentration in pregnancy: a reassessment.JAMA. 1979; 242: 352-353
- Thyroid gland size in pregnancy: an ultrasound and clinical study.J Reprod Med. 1987; 32: 888-890
- Circulatory adjustments to pregnancy.Johns Hopkins Med J. 1954; 59: 115-129
- High frequency of goitre in cigarette smokers.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf ). 1985; 22: 28792
- High prevalence of transient postpartum thyrotoxicosis and hypothyroidism.N Engl J Med. 1982; 306: 849-852
- Postpartum thyroid dysfunction in Mid Glamorgan.Br Med J. 1988; 296: 241-244
- Comparison of thyroid stimulators and thyroid hormone concentration in the sera of pregnant women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1979; 48: 793-797
- Longitudinal study of serum thyroid hormones, chorionic gonadotropin and thyrotropin during and after normal pregnancy.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf ). 1979; 10: 459-468
- Total and free thyroxine and triiodothyronine in normal and complicated pregnancy.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 42: 98104
- Serum free thyroxine and free triiodothyronine concentrations in pregnancy.Br Med J. 1983; 287: 394
- Human chorionic gonadotropin stimulates iodide uptake, adenylate cyclase, and deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis in cultured rat thyroid cells.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988; 67: 74-79
- Further studies on thyroid growth-stimulating immunoglobulins in euthyroid-non-endemic goiter.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1985; 60: 972-979
Supported in part by grants from the Danish Hospital Foundation for Medical Research, Region of Copenhagen, The Faroe Islands and Greenland, and the P. Carl Petersen Foundation.
Presented in part at the Seventeenth Annual Meeting of the European Thyroid Association, Montpellier, France, September 11-16, 1988, and at the Twelfth World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, October 23-28, 1988.