- National data book and guide to sources. Statistical abstract of U. S. 105th ed. U. S. Department of Commerce, Washington DC1985: 73
U. S. Bureau of Census.
- The way we were: the way we are now.Ladies Home Journal. 1984 May; : 34-42
- Women and economic security.Popular Government. 1984 Fall; : 15
News on Women in Government, Women's Bureau, U. S. Department of Labor, 12–84.
- Single parent families on rise.The Leader. 1985 July 1; : 1
- U. S. News & World Report. 1984 Aug 6; : 45-48
The Working Family Fact PAK #2. American Association of University Women, 2401 Virginia Ave. N.W., Washington, D. C.
- The Charlotte News. 1984 Dec 11; : 10
- The New York Times. 1985 March 13; : 1
- Boston Women's Health Collective. Our bodies ourselves. Simon & Schuster, New York1984: XVII
☆Presented at the Forty-eighth Annual Meeting of the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Palm Beach, Florida, January 12–15, 1986.